Wednesday, October 16, 2019

“Loving, Respectful Polyamory” (South Bay Polys #268 - April 2018)


Sometimes I think of retiring from South Bay Polys--but it’s really a joy to gather with poly folks every month.  We used to have poly dinners every month in Palo Alto, but the facilitator for that moved away--no more excuses to eat Chinese food <grin>!

Anyway, this labor of love also keeps me watching for poly-related news and encourages me to think more about my poly Self.  I seem to be unusual in thinking of poly as something I am rather than something I do (a “lifestyle” or “philosophy).”

Had a talk with someone last week--someone who has been on the verge or edge of a poly relationship...but the other people involved were not giving quite the necessary degree of respect which this person deserved.  “Is this what poly is like?” they asked me.

“Open and honest,” I said.  “That is what poly is about.  Openness and honesty and respect!   How do you get over jealousy?  Not by denying your own needs!  Ask for the attention and devotion you need and deserve!”  Polyamory doesn’t mean people can just dash from lover to lover!

On a different “bent”-- I have heard, online, that quite a few polys are transphobic.  I can’t be too surprised--many Americans, many people are transphobic.  I’m happy to say the people I know (poly or not) aren’t!

Anyway--drop by our gatherings sometime (note the new location this month!).  Bring your questions and your curiosity!  Shalom and Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment