Friday, October 11, 2019

“In It For The Love” (South Bay Polys #259 - July 2017)


I've said this before--and I feel so stodgy for saying it--maybe so "old-fashioned" (sometimes I call myself a conservative radical--I suppose I mean "moderate radical"...)--but I'm in this for the love:  The "amory" in "polyamory."  The love not the sex. 

Nothing against sex.  Sex can be wonderful.  But I'm after....something a little different.  Affection.  Caring.  Maybe something like coziness.  Comfortableness.  And sex as well—yes--in that context.

I like polyamory for including all that.  And freedom.

So, as I've said before, I am sex positive--while allowing for the fact that sexuality can be misused and abused, but shouldn’t be.

And I do distinguish "polyamory" from "open marriage" from "free love."  They're related -- but not the same thing (from my perspective).

"Can Anybody Find Me...Somebody to Love?"

What appeals to me…isn’t primarily a traditionally sexy body.  Or a particular combination or number of males and females to be involved with.  It’s a nice, comfortable, cozy group of people that I care about…that care about me.

Just my thing, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment